As more people transition from traditional gas vehicles to fully electric ones, they will need more convenient ways to recharge their automobiles outside of public charging stations. It may seem counterintuitive to install a charging station in your home; after all, you don’t have a fueling station in your garage. However, electric car charging stations, unlike fueling stations, are not as common. Where you may find a gas station on every other corner, electric vehicle charging stations are typically not as conveniently located.
If you want your electric vehicle to have the same convenience and flexibility as a gas-powered vehicle, having an EV charger installed at your home is an important next step. Nothing could be more convenient and safer for you than having the ability to recharge your vehicle at your home. It’s not safe to leave your car barely charged as you drive around in search of charging stations. Our Frederick EV Charger installation team can place your new charging stations quickly and with no disruption to your home.
While you can charge your electric vehicle using a standard outlet, or level one charger, you will get a faster, more efficient vehicle charge by using a dedicated EV charger. There are additional benefits to installing a charging station in your home, including:
- Greater Convenience: Overnight charging capabilities
- Faster Charging: You’ll have the ability to reach a full charge in 3-hours
- Greater Independence: You won’t be dependent on public charging stations
- Saves Time: You will save time because you won’t have to drive around looking for a charging station.
An at-home charging station, which is equipped with level two chargers, requires a 240-volt circuit. They provide efficient and fast charging for electric vehicles. EV charger installation requires adding a dedicated circuit for your new charging station. This is delicate work that should only be handled by a qualified electrician.
EV Charger Levels
Electric vehicle charging stations have designated levels determined by their power level. Once you have an electric vehicle, it’s important to know the difference between the different levels of EV powering stations.
The three EV charging levels used by electric cars are explained below:
- Level 1 Chargers: Level one chargers are standard three-prong fitted into a standard outlet. A level one charger provides the slowest level of car charging. It can take a car as many as 20 hours to charge at this level. Level one chargers use a standard 120-volt charge.
- Level 2 Chargers: Level two charges have a dedicated 240-volt circuit. They’re much faster than a level one charger. The Frederick EV charger installation professionals at Tristate Home Services install custom EV chargers conveniently located in your garage.
- Level 3 Chargers: Level three chargers are also known as DC chargers. These chargers provide the fastest and most efficient EV recharging services. These charging stations are mostly found in commercial areas and spaces.
Electric vehicles are sold with a level one charger but making the upgrade to a level two charger for your electric vehicle is a prudent choice. Drivers need to know their vehicle will work when they need to use it. After all, what good is your vehicle if it isn’t charged?
You Can Trust Tristate Home Services
At Tristate Home Services, we provide safe and reliable EV charging stations to make our customers’ lives more convenient. Our Frederick EV charger installation professionals offer only the best and most reliable installation services in the area. Once we’ve installed a level two charger on your property, we will review our work and test it to ensure it is working properly.
We are a comprehensive home electrical service provider. Our electricians provide services customers can count on when they need repairs, installation, and maintenance for important electrical home services. We only staff licensed, trained, and experienced electricians who provide access to high-quality services at affordable prices.
Customers also choose Tristate Home Services because we provide:
- Free Estimates on Major Repairs & Projects
- Certified, Licensed & Insured
- On-Site in About an Hour
- Servicing Residential & Light Commercial Properties
- After-Hour Services Available
- Experienced, Knowledgeable & Courteous Technicians
Regardless of what electrical services you need, our licensed and trained specialists can tackle the job! Frederick EV charger installation specialists are standing by, ready to provide you with excellent customer service and top-quality electrical services.
There won’t be a better time to get started with your EV charging station installation in Frederick! You can get started right away just by calling (301) 969-9353 or by using our convenient online contact form!
Free Estimates on Major Repairs & Projects
Certified, Licensed & Insured
On Site In About an Hour
Servicing Residential & Light Commercial Properties
After Hour Services Available
Experienced, Knowledgeable & Courteous Technicians