How Solar Works
The average residential solar hot water system includes the following components:
- Solar Hot Water Collector (Evacuated Tube or Flat Plate)
- Pump Station
- Hot Water Storage Tank
- Backup Energy Source
- Energy in sunlight is absorbed by the solar collector, heating up the liquid inside.
- The heated liquid is transferred back to the hot water tank by the circulation pump.
- Throughout the day solar energy gradually raises the temperature in the hot water tank.
- If the solar energy is not sufficient to provide hot enough water, a backup energy source (electricity, gas, oil etc) is used to further heat the water.
Learn if Solar Is Right For You
If you are ready to learn more about solar or want to have it installed on your home, call 866-624-5970 or complete our contact form to schedule your quote.