How Solar Works
The average residential solar hot water system includes the following components:
- Solar hot water collector (evacuated tube or flat plate)
- Pump station
- Hot water storage tank
- Backup energy source
- Energy in sunlight is absorbed by the solar collector, heating up the liquid inside.
- The heated liquid is transferred back to the hot water tank by the circulation pump.
- Throughout the day, solar energy gradually raises the temperature in the hot water tank.
- If the solar energy is not sufficient to provide hot enough water, a backup energy source (electricity, gas, oil etc) is used to further heat the water.
For more information about solar energy, or to schedule an appointment, call 866-624-5970 or complete our contact form.