The duct system is responsible for what you actually feel when you heat and air condition your home. You want to make sure that the system is working properly since you are paying money to feel comfortable and healthy in your home.
Over time, the air flowing through your ducts can loosen joints, wear out sections and cause disconnections. Most parts of your home’s heating and air conditioning system are designed to last for a long time, but eventually they need to be replaced. If your home has flexible ducts that are over 10 to 15 years old, they will most likely need to be replaced.
Signs You Need Air Duct Replacement
- Insufficient heating or cooling despite temperature settings
- Hot and cold spots - only certain parts of your home is getting heating and cooling
- Efficiency issues - unexplained spike in energy usage
- Noises such as creaking, rumbling, rattling, or whistling
Replacing or Repairing Your Duct System Can:
- Improve Comfort - Solve common comfort problems, such as rooms that are too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter
- Enhance Indoor Air Quality - Eliminate fumes from household and garden chemicals, insulation particles, and dust that can enter your home, aggravating asthma and allergy problems
- Promote Safety - Ventilate gases (such as carbon monoxide) released from appliances such as water heaters, dryers and furnaces during normal, regular use
- Save Money - Keep HVAC systems from expending more energy than it needs to
If you need Duct Replacement or Repair services, contact TriState Home Services today. For homes and businesses in Frederick, MD and surrounding areas, call 866-624-5970 or complete our contact form to set up an appointment.