Spray Foam Insulation Services
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- Excellent gap and crack filling capability
- Stops air leaks better than any other insulation material
- High heat flow (R-value) at 3.5 to 6.0 per inch
- Won’t compress, fall out of place or lose R-value
- Closed-cell foam is waterproof & won’t absorb water
Open Cell Foam vs. Closed Cell Foam Insulation
Spray Polyurethane Foam is significantly better than any other type of insulation at reducing air leakage. Our insulation experts will help identify whether you need open cell or closed cell foam depending on the application it is being used for in your home or building.
- Open cell foam typically costs less and requires less material than closed cell foam, but it also requires a vapor barrier. This is desirable in certain ceiling and attic insulation applications such as structures with Cathedral ceilings. Open cell foam is air resistant, but also permeable to moisture. The cells of the foam are broken and filled with air, making the foam softer or less rigid than closed-cell foam.
- Closed cell foam is moisture, mold and air resistant. The cells of the foam are closed, packed together and filled with a gas that helps the foam rise and expand. Closed cell foam insulation is the best in terms of R-value, resistance to mold and moisture damage, durability, air sealing, and versatility, making it great for roofing applications. The extra cost of closed cell foam is well worth its benefits.
Certified Spray Foam Insulation Experts
We are members of the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) and the High Performance Insulation Professionals (HPIP), and our technicians are certified in spray polyurethane foam roofing, inspections, building envelope, and health and safety processes and services.
According to the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA):
- "Spray polyurethane foams have one of the highest insulating R-values per inch of all the available products on the market today."
- "With typical values ranging from 3.5 to 6.0 per inch, it is possible to maximize efficiency, increase space utilization and reduce operating costs, while having thinner walls and lower profile roofs."
During our insulation inspection, our trained professionals will inspect your property for low, missing or damaged insulation and air leaks, water leaks and energy loss. During our energy inspection we use blower door tests and air leakage reports to show where your structure is losing energy and we will provide you with the best and most affordable insulation solutions.
Energy Performance Upgrades
Our energy-efficient air sealing and insulation solutions will improve your commercial or residential property's energy performance and comfort, reduce energy consumption and cut energy costs while helping protect the environment.
For insulation services in Frederick, MD and surrounding areas, call 866-624-5970 or complete our contact form. Contact Us today for a FREE on-site inspection and estimate.